• Jimah
  • TGPS2
  • TGPS1
  • TKPS
  • GROWTH ASSET
    MELAKA PROJECT
    (MALAYSIA)
  • GROWTH ASSET
    SOLAR PROJECT
    (MALAYSIA)

We own five power plants in Malaysia, with a total effective capacity of 3,046 MW, making us the second largest independent power producer in the country.

We have three CCGT power plants (one with co-generation facilities), one OCGT peaking power plant and one sub-critical coal-fired thermal power plant.

Growth Assets

The Group currently has two projects under development, namely, Large Scale Photovoltaic Plant and the Melaka Project.

The Photovoltaic Plant will be located in Kedah, Malaysia and is expected to have a capacity of 50 MWac.

The Melaka Project will be located in Alor Gajah, Melaka, Malaysia and is expected to have a capacity of between 1,800 and 2,400 MW.

 

Jimah is a 1,400 MW sub-critical coal-fired base load thermal power plant located at Jimah, Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan.

The Group owns 75.0% effective interest in the Jimah plant through its subsidiary, Jimah Energy Ventures Holdings Sdn Bhd. TNB and Menteri Besar Negeri Sembilan (Incorporated) hold the remaining effective interest through their shareholdings in Jimah Energy Ventures Holdings Sdn Bhd of 20.0% and 5.0% respectively.

Plant Information

Type of Plant

Sub-critical coal-fired base load thermal power plant

Equipment

Boiler: Ishikawajimah-Harima Heavy Industries (IHI Co, Ltd) (2 x 700 MW)
Turbine: Toshiba Corporation
Interconnection facility: Taisei Corporation

Fuel Type
  • Main Fuel – coal (pulverised)
  • Startup Fuel – diesel
COD Jan 2009

TGPS2 is a 720 MW combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power plant located at Telok Gong, Melaka.

The Group owns 100.0% effective interest in the TGPS2 plant through its subsidiary, Panglima Power Sdn Bhd.

Plant Information

Equipment

Gas Turbine: Siemens Aktiengesellschaft V94.3A2 (2 X 230 MW)
Steam Turbine: Siemens Aktiengesellschaft K-Series (1 x 260 MW)
HRSG: Hanjung (Doosan) (2 x Reheat, triple pressure, unfired)

Fuel Type Dual Fuel
  • Primary – Natural Gas
  • Backup - Distillate
COD Feb 2002

KLPP is a 675MW combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power plant with co-generating facilities, located at Kuala Langat, Selangor.

The Group owns 75.0% effective interest in the KLPP plant through its subsidiary, Kuala Langat Power Plant Sdn Bhd. The remaining 25.0% is owned by Worldwide Holdings Berhad.

Plant Information

Equipment Gas Turbine: Alstom 13E2 M (3 x 165 MW), GE 6551B (1 x 34 MW) and GE 5001N (1 x 20 MW)
Steam Turbine: Alstom DKZ2 – 2N37 (1 x 245 MW)
HRSG: Combustion engineering (unfired)
Fuel Type Dual Fuel
  • Primary – Natural Gas
  • Backup – Distillate
COD Jan 1996

TGPS1 is a 440 MW open cycle gas turbine (OCGT) peaking power plant located at Telok Gong, Melaka.

The Group owns 100.0% effective interest in the TGPS1 plant through its subsidiary, Powertek Berhad.

Plant Information

Equipment European gas turbine Frame 9E (PG 9171E) (4 x 110 MW)
Fuel Type Dual Fuel
  • Primary – Natural Gas
  • Backup - Distillate
COD Jan 1995

TKPS is a 330 MW combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power plant located at Tanjong Kling, Melaka.

The Group owns 100.0% effective interest in the TKPS plant through its subsidiary, Pahlawan Power Sdn Bhd.

Plant Information

Equipment Gas Turbine: GE Frame 9E (MS 9001E) (2 X 106 MW)
Steam Turbine: GE SC4 (1 X 118 MW)
HRSG: Nooter/Eriksen (2 x dual pressure, unfired)
Fuel Type Dual Fuel
  • Primary – Natural Gas
  • Backup - Distillate
COD Aug 1999

The Melaka Project entails the development of a new 1,800 to 2,400 MW combined cycle power plant in Alor Gajah, Melaka, Malaysia.

The scheduled COD for the Melaka Project is expected to occur on 1 January 2021.

The Group owns 100% effective interest in the Melaka Project through its subsidiary, Edra Energy Sdn Bhd.

The Photovoltaic Plant will be located in Kedah, Malaysia and is expected to have a capacity of 50 MWac.

The scheduled COD for the Photovoltaic Plant is expected to occur by February 2019.

The Group owns 100.0% effective interest in the Photovoltaic Plant through its subsidiary, Edra Solar Sdn Bhd.